Files to translate and how to (SPOILER WARNING!)

Archived stuff that's related to Sanctum 2

Files to translate and how to (SPOILER WARNING!)

Postby Ciara » 10:14, 29 Aug 2013

Hello everyone,

welcome to the new subforum section for work on Sanctum 2 localization files.
In this post you will be provided with the current files which needs translating.

Those files are not yet implemented in the game! So be aware, you might spoil your fun by having a first look on them!

Nevertheless, the community will appreciate any help from community members to improve the localization for the needed languages:

Français
Español
Italiano
русский язык
Deutsch

You can help the community by two ways.

One of them is active translation

the other is voting on good translations and proofreading/testing.

Coffee Stain Studious provided us access to a webtool which simplify the work between more than one translator for one language.

A Sanctum 2 project page has been set up on crowdin.net

All you need is to sign up there for an free account. The project page itself is managed by CSS officials.
You can start working and voting on currently needed translations right away.

Myself and others will try to maintain a "bridge" between these forums and the webtool.

If you prefer the traditional methods, feel free to download the current files attached to this post and edit them by using Notepadd++ or another editor. You can upload the edited files afterwards here.

However - we would love to see, that every translator is going to use the web app, which is an really powerful tool for translating and saves the developers a lot of time, which could be used afterwards to improve the game in general.

Now, let us create an better Sanctum 2 experience, for all those people who have hard times with English. As you can tell, my English is bad as well. Therefor I am looking forward to work with the support of the community to create a good translation for everyone. Let us do it! ;-)

SanctumGameDLC2.zip
New things to localize! This time: DLC2
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.

Pinkie Pie - Smile, Smile, Smile @youtube.com
Ciara
Forum Moderator

Re: Files to translate and how to (SPOILER WARNING!)

Postby Leirra » 12:52, 29 Aug 2013

I have added Russian localization. First time translating things from Sanctum, so there might be mistakes comparing to the base game.
Leirra
Runner

Postby Aurao » 15:48, 11 Sep 2013

If there are plans for a Dutch localization, let me know ;)
Aurao
Runner

Postby Ciara » 18:05, 20 Sep 2013

Aurao wrote:If there are plans for a Dutch localization, let me know ;)

Right now I do not know about any Dutch Localization - yet it is always possible to create an fan made localization, using the given files, and overwrite one another unused language to make that fan made localization appear ingame.

I have no idea what the devs would do with fan made ones. Technically it would be awesome.
Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.

Pinkie Pie - Smile, Smile, Smile @youtube.com
Ciara
Forum Moderator

Return to Sanctum 2